Connect Case Studies
Printing - Print Service Provider
This medium-sized print service provider is based in South East England and provides a number of printing services to high-profile clients that process large volumes of print. Its clients include AXA insurance, Google, IKEA, Toyota, VodaFone, Talk Talk and BMW. The print service provider has been an Objectif Lune customer for over 10 years and was originally using legacy software called PReS.
Industry: Print Services
Size: 35 employees
The company had a varied customer base with a variety of communication needs. The large amount of variable data was becoming difficult to process. The company had to be able to provide full multichannel communications with a quick turnaround time to its customers.
- Document composition software needed scripting to operate, which meant they needed specialists with certain skills to operate the current system. This proved difficult as the company had lost some of its specialized employees.
- Turnaround was slow for customers because all new requests needed scripting.
- They were unable to offer additional output options to customers.
- The company was totally reliant on its workforce to manually process post-print documents.
- Errors occurred regularly as some documents were placed in the wrong envelopes, affecting the integrity of the mail.
- It was slow and often impossible to process different types of data.
- With the switch from PReS to Connect, all they have to do is drag and drop. Overhead was reduced by approximately 50%.
- Turnaround time was reduced from 5–7 days to 1 day. This was because of the ease of data aggregation, document composition and distribution through automation. There was no longer any need for manual intervention.
- Automation of post-printing operations improved considerably. There was no need to gather resources from other departments to ensure the jobs got out on time. All employees from admin to transportation could then focus on their role.
- By fully automating the process, the turnaround time for standard jobs was reduced from an average of 7 days to 1 day. Jobs fall into a hot folder, which is monitored 24 hours automatically.
- When it reaches a predetermined volume, it triggers the entire process.
- The company can now provide full multichannel communications to its customers. This has generated additional revenue and a higher satisfaction rate among customers.
- Price per print job decreased approximately 10%, since the process is now less labour-intensive.
- Business services grew by close to 25%, with email, SMS and web services being added to the mix.